MINUTES OF THE MEETING
WEDNESDAY 27th SEPTEMBER
CHILLENDEN VILLAGE HALL 7:30PM
Councillor Jon Aldington (JA)
Councillor Paul Allen (PA)
Councillor Sue Baker (SB)
Councillor Karen Stanford (KS)
Councillor Trevor Bartlett – DDC (TB)
Councillor Sue Chandler – KCC (SC)
3 Members of the Public
Acting Parish Clerk – Councillor Karen Stanford (KS)
Councillor Lidia Long (LL)
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
MINUTES OF THE MEETING 26th July 2023
Minutes for this meeting were approved (Proposed by Councillor Sue Baker, Seconded by Paul Allen, all Councillors agreed) and duly signed by Chairman Jon Aldington following governance item.
KCC/DISTRICT COUNCILLOR UPDATE
- Garden waste collections from 01/04 will be bins instead of bags which hold the same amount of garden waste.
- DDC Community Grant is to be refocussed to those in need and will be renamed the Cost of Living Community Impact Fund
- Deal pier sub-structure is in need of replacement
- Work continues on the proposals for Tides Leisure Centre.
Kent County Council Update
- The freedom of Kent has been given to HMS Kent in recognition of service throughout the years
- The well publicised RAAC concrete issue has been identified in 7 schools throughout Kent – all are open with plans for improvement underway
- A couple of KCC newsletter’s are available to sign up online which might be of interests to residents
- Kent Plan B
- Residents e-Newsletter
|22/23 – 005||Summer Fayre Organising Committee||KS/CP||Closed||See section 12.1|
|22/23 – 014||Internet banking application||KS||On hold||Awaiting decision on Parish Clerk|
|23/24 – 001||Investigate Parish Clerk – Offer letter and contract to be issued||JA||Not started||See item 9.2|
|23/24 – 002||Communications workshop||LL||Not started|
|23/24 – 004||Dog Poo Bin Costing||KS/SB||In progress.||Note: litter bins offers more capacity and can also accommodate dog fouling waste. 1x Dog bin = £275.00. 1x Litter bin = £285.00. Installation cost = £100.00. Annual emptying fee = This depends on the location of the litter bin but its most likely to be around £45.69 (to be recharged annually. Decision to apply for litter bin once site of new noticeboard agreed.|
|23/24 – 005||Purchase Good Councillors Guide||JA||Close||Online version sufficient|
|23/24 – 008||DDC on Demand Bus Request for extension to Goodnestone||KS||In progress||Bus is funded by section 106 funding which is linked to Aylesham development. Any extension to route would need to be agreed by Aylesham PC and DDC. Cost per journey is £3.50 and does not take bus passes as this is a private venture. PC will find out whether the community are interested in us pursuing this by putting it in Messenger to gauge interest. You can get it from the corner of Palm Tree Lane and Bonnington as that is on the current route.|
|23/24 – 009||Footpaths Lower Rowling/Knowlton||LL||Not started||Still issues on footpaths. LL to escalate current concerns to SC with reference code (available from online map)|
|23/24 – 010||School report||LL/KS||Closed||Verbal updates from KS and LL as appropriate|
|21/06 – 001||Draft Highways Improvement Plan||SB||In progress||See item X|
|26/07 – 001||Investigate schemes for electric charging points||JA||Not started|
|26/07 – 002||Draft standard letter for landowners for overgrown footpaths||LL||Not started|
|26/07 – 003||Options for Parish Council Noticeboard – formal options to be presented at November meeting for sign off||KS||In progress|
|27/09/001||Issue Statement of Case on Claypits Footpath||JA||Not started|
|27/09/002||Speed Camera Battery and advice from KCC||SM||Not Started|
|27/09/003||Wheelie bin stickers||JA||Not Started|
|27/09/004||Knowlton Thankful memorial||SB||Not Started|
|27/09/005||Dispose of old signage in Goodnestone||SB/JA||Not Started|
FOOTPATH OFFICER REPORT
- Statement of Case has been drafted by Parish Council.
- Resolution to approve document and raise objection as part of the formal process. DECISION: All councillors agreed to approve the document.
HIGHWAY OFFICER REPORTCouncillor Sue Baker has started gathering information to input into the Highways Improvement Plan.
- Clearing verges to support line of sight – KCC reponsibility
- Clearing Hedges and Tress – Landowner
- Where maintenance is needed send to KCC and copy in Councillor Sue Chandler
- Existing measures can be raised as issues with KCC and reported for rectifications i.e. faded white lines, stolen repeaters etc
- New initiatives should be included in the Highways Improvement Plan
- Existing speed camera requires new battery – Councillor Sue Baker to purchase and expense
- Where speed is a concern raise with Toby Butler at KCC (copying in Councillor Sue Chandler) who will be able to give advice on what can be done about the 20mph zone, and whether a more advanced speed camera is required to provide evidence to the police
- Councillor Jon Aldington to procure and expense 20mph wheelie bin stickers for the Parish
Parish Noticeboard – Sizing 8xA4 sheets, dark green preferred. Councillor Karen Stanford to get prices and quotes from the suppliers of Wingham’s noticeboard as well as looking around for a formal proposal for the next meeting. Additional action to check with DDC on potential location.
Parish Clerk – Decision: Councillor Jon Aldington to make formal offer and issue contract to Jo Jones following unanimous agreement by the Parish Council.
Millenium Field – How to maximise usage and add value to the village – Hold until next meeting and raise in The Messenger
Environmental Fund – Options for spending budget held over from previous year – Hold until next meeting as potential Spring initiative
Payments to be approved
|Smiths of Derby||Church Clock||0000128519||£338.40||Councillor Sue Baker||Councillor Paul Allen|
|DDC||Messenger June with inserts||1011886||£54.90||Councillor Karen Stanford||Councillor Jon Aldington|
|KALC||Training PA/SB||7254195069||£120||Councillor Jon Aldington||Councillor Karen Stanford|
Payments to be reported (already paid)
PLANNING OFFICER REPORT
Update on Short Street Planning as part of the Local Plan as part of the Reg 19 action in 2022. Meeting scheduled for formal objections against the Local Plan, unclear how much time will be allocated given the scale of the plan and the number of objections across DDC.
Thank you letter from Team Fete
COUNCILLORS REPORT ON OTHER PARISH MATTERSNone
Request for support maintenance for the Thankful Memorial in Knowlton – overgrown – Councillor Sue Baker to go and have a look to determine the effort needed.
Removal of the old parish noticeboard from the village hall and the old sign which is outside of the Millenium Shed. – Councillors Sue Baker and Jon Aldington to arrange disposal
PUBLIC CONTRIBUTION TIME: A short session set aside for parishioners to raise matters. Individual contributions should be kept to less than 5 minutes.
- There is a Secretary of State Review on the Claypits Footpath – encourage the wider Parish to attend the visit when dates have been agreed to show support. This is scheduled for 12th December and starts at the Staple end at 10am. KCC are going to sit on the fence and are not supporting or objecting. In addition the Gate Posts on the footpath have now been granted a Heritage Environment Record by KCC, all of which adds to the argue not to turn it into a Byway.
- Asian Hornets are still a problem in the area – more details on how to identify them will be shared in The Messenger.
- Suggestion to get some wheelie bin stickers for the 20mph area as some wheelie bins still have 30mph. 20mph limit is often being broken through Chillenden – follow up within the Highway Improvement section.
- Query raised about what is going on with the registration of the Cart Track. Ray Holyer was looking into this so PC will pick it up and find out latest position.
Meeting was formally closed at 21:21