Accessibility statement for goodnestone.org.uk
This accessibility statement applies to the content on the goodnestone.org.uk website, including the pages relating to Goodnestone Parish Council.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
Most of this website is fully accessible to the standards described below.
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- Newer PDF documents may have minor accessibility issues. In most cases, a web page version of these documents is available as a fully accessible alternative.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information relating to Goodnestone Parish Council in a different format like accessible PDF or large print, please contact the Goodnestone Parish Council Clerk at: email@example.com
If you need help accessing any other information on this website, please use the contact form that is linked at the bottom of this page.
If you contact us we will get back to you within 14 days and usually more quickly.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please use the contact form that is linked at the bottom of this website.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone
For matters relating to the Parish Council, you can contact the Parish Clerk on 07872 332147. For any other queries about the website, you can contact the website administrator on 01304 841440.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Goodnestone Village Website and Goodnestone Parish Council are committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
- Exemptions: Parish Council agendas, minutes and other content from dates before 23rd September 2018 are available in PDF format only and are not fully accessible to screen reader software. These documents are exempt from the scope of the regulations. If you require an accessible copy, please contact the Parish Clerk using the contact details above.
- Non-compliances: PDF versions of some Parish Council documents from dates after 23rd September 2018 have minor accessibility issues. Most of these documents are also available in web page format, which is fully accessible. See the next section for further information.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
- Parish Council documents from dates before 23rd September 2018 are outside the scope of the regulations. To convert all of these documents to a fully accessible format would place a disproportionate burden on Parish Council and website administrator staff.
- PDF versions of Parish Council documents from dates after 23rd September 2018 may have minor accessibility issues. Accessible versions of these documents have been made available in web page format.
- The PDF documents on the Parish Council Policies and Procedures page have accessibility issues. To obtain fully accessible versions of these documents, please contact the Parish Clerk using the details on this website.
- Copies of documents from third parties are included on this website. Examples include reports from local district and county councils. These documents are not always fully accessible. To convert all of these documents to a fully accessible format would place a disproportionate burden on Parish Council and website administrator staff. Please contact the Parish Clerk if you need assistance with these documents.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Some PDF documents and most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen readers. They fail WCAG 2.1 AA regulation 2.4.10 (section headings) in that headings are not always marked as such and the document structure may be inconsistent.
For documents since 23rd September 2018, a web page version has been made available. In this web version, headings and document structure has been adjusted to be fully compliant with regulation 2.4.10. Other minor adjustments have been made to the web page version to further improve accessibility. These adjustments include the spelling out of abbreviations in full.
The PDF version will remain non-compliant. The PDF version reflects the version that was approved by the Parish Council.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
Parish Council Documents that were approved or issued prior to 23rd September 2018 are provided in PDF format only. The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. For example, we do not plan to fix copies of Parish Council agendas and minutes prior to this date.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 20th November 2021. It was last reviewed on 15th November 2022.
This website was last tested on 20th November 2021. The test was carried out by the Goodnestone Website administrator.