MINUTES OF THE MEETING
WEDNESDAY 26th JULY 2023
GOODNESTONE VILLAGE HALL 7:30PM
Councillor Jon Aldington (JA)
Councillor Paul Allen (PA)
Councillor Sue Baker (SB)
Councillor Karen Stanford (KS)
Councillor Martin Porter – DDC (MP)
Councillor Sue Chandler – KCC (SC)
3 Members of the Public
Acting Parish Clerk – Councillor Karen Stanford (KS)
APOLOGIESCouncillor Lidia Long (LL)
DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTNone
MINUTES OF THE MEETING 26th July 2023
Minutes for this meeting were approved (Proposed by Councillor Sue Baker, Seconded by Paul Allen, all Councillors agreed) and duly signed by Chairman Jon Aldington following governance item.
KCC/DISTRICT COUNCILLOR UPDATE
See attached report
- See White Cliff Country Update What’s On in White Cliffs Country, Page 1 results – White Cliffs Country
- Reminder that as many people as possible should complete consultation forms for planning where applicable.
- DDC are operating at a deficit and they are looking to smooth spend. This might have potential impact on DDC re-orgnisation and grant funding.
Kent County Council Update
- Several consultations are underway to determine budget priorities – available online through Let’s talk Kent and in paper copy with a focus on family hubs
- Recycling centres are under review – Richborough or Deal are likely to close to reduce costs
- KCC are looking to support schemes for Electric Charging Points
|22/23 – 005||Summer Fayre Organising Committee||KS/CP||In progress|
|22/23 – 014||Internet banking application||KS||In progress||Documents incorrect – new request to Lloyd’s required|
|23/24 – 001||Investigate Parish Clerk||JA||See 9.3||Meeting to be scheduled with Jo Jones|
|23/24 – 002||Communications workshop||LA||Not started|
|23/24 – 003||Broadband meeting with KCC||JA||Close||No further activity planned|
|23/24 – 004||Dog Poo Bin Costing||KS/SB||In progress||Note: litter bins offers more capacity and can also accommodate dog fouling waste. 1x Dog bin = £275.00 1x Litter bin = £285.00 Installation cost = £100.00 Annual emptying fee = This depends on the location of the litter bin but its most likely to be around £45.69 (to be recharged annually) SB to check with Church KS to check with Gabriel Richards Trust|
|23/24 – 005||Purchase Good Councillors Guide||JA||On hold||Challenging to get hold of at the moment, will revisit but is available online|
|23/24 – 008||DDC on Demand Bus Request for extension to Goodnestone||KS||In progress||DDC Councillors to escalate|
|23/24 – 009||Footpaths Lower Rowling/Knowlton||LL||Not started||JA to look at Knowlton over the weekend and LL to raise with KCC|
|23/24 – 010||School report||LL/KS||In progress||Requested 12/06|
|21/06 – 001||Draft Highways Improvement Plan||SB||In progress||Reached out to KCC, crash map over last 5 years, further work required|
|21/06 – 002||Draft IT paper on IT improvements for consideration at next meeting||JA/KS||Complete|
|26/07 – 001||Investigate schemes for electric charging points||JA||Not started|
|26/07 – 002||Draft standard letter for landowners for overgrown footpaths||LL||Not started|
|26/07 – 003||Options for Parish Council Noticeboard||KS||Not started|
FOOTPATH OFFICER REPORT
- Discussion on Knowlton – Councillor Jon Aldington to look over the weekend and Councillor Lida Long to raise to KCC if necessary
- Draft standard letter for use to landowners for overgrown footpaths
HIGHWAY OFFICER REPORT
Councillor Sue Baker has started gathering information to input into the Highways Improvement Plan. Further work required.
Dog Poo Bins – Actions agreed to consider locations
Parish Noticeboard – Councillor Karen Stanford to propose some options and costings
Parish Clerk – Held over to next meeting
Payments to be approved
|Roger Austin||Mowing||2292||£168.00||Councillor Jon Aldington||Councillor Sue Baker|
|KALC||Training – Karen Stanford||7137526569||£60.00||Councillor Jon Aldington||Councillor Paul Allen|
Payments to be reported (already paid)
PLANNING OFFICER REPORT
Query from parishioner over enforcement – referred them to DDC
Nothing to report
COUNCILLORS REPORT ON OTHER PARISH MATTERS
Change to Community Policing
Goodnestone Park Update of events
IT Paper – Councillor Jon Aldington.
Options in paper explored and decision required. Proposed by Councillor Karen Stanford and Seconded by Councillor Jon Aldington to proceed with dedicated email addresses and Dropbox file store.
PUBLIC CONTRIBUTION TIME: A short session set aside for parishioners to raise matters. Individual contributions should be kept to less than 5 minutes.
- Parishioner has raised the visibility of the 20mph signs in Goodnestone and reminders to vehicles leaving the village from the gardens/church/pub. Councillor Sue Baker to include in the Highways Improvement Plan.
- There is a Secretary of State Review on the Claypits Footpath – encourage the wider Parish to attend the visit when dates have been agreed to show support.
- Parishioner will be bringing something to the Parish Council in the future to look to reinstate the pond in Goodnestone
Meeting was formally closed at 20:49