DRAFT MINUTES OF THE MEETING
30th NOVEMBER 2022
Chairman Councillor Kevin Phillips (KP)
Councillor Karen Stanford (KS)
Councillor Jon Aldington (JA)
Councillor Lidia Long (LL)
Councillor Nick Turner-Brown
Councillor Trevor Bartlett
11 Members of the Public
Acting Parish Clerk – Councillor Karen Stanford
MINUTES OF THE MEETING 9th NOVEMBER 2022
Minutes for this meeting were approved and duly signed
DISTRICT COUNCILLOR REPORT
Verbal Update provided by Councillor Trevor Bartlett
- Market Square will be host the Dover Lantern Display
- Maison Dieu has received enhanced funding
- Guildhall renovation work continues in sandwich
- Dover District Council focus on unlicensed waste and scrap matal
- Dover District Council are providing help and advice on cost of living
- Tides refurbishment in Deal is still very much of a focus to enhance leisure centre facilities in the area
|002||Planter sizing, position and costings||NTB/KP||Outstanding||NTB issued options to councillors. Feedback needed. KP and NTB to make final decision and propose to the next meeting|
|003||Information board design approval||KP||Closed||Ready for collection and will be installed before Christmas|
|004||Issue 1 Parish Newslette||NTB/KS||Closed||First newsletter complete and will be issued w/c 5th|
||Summer Fayre Organising Committee||KS/CP||Decision Pending||Discussions ongoing with Lord FitzWalter|
|007||School Parking||KS||Closed||Closed until further reports of concern|
|008||Investigation into Manicom Close Land for parking||CP
||In Progress||Property services Dover District Council investigating|
|009||Develop a consolidated community approach to path clearing following storm damage||LL||Open||Investigating options with Heather|
|010||Advise residents who were concerned about the School Bus||KP||Closed||Feedback given|
|011||PC will object again on behalf of the parish to Dover District Council Local Plan||KP/KS||In progress||Previous letter being reviewed ready for objection|
|013||PC to object on behalf of the parish to Canterbury City Council local plan||KP/KS||In progress||Speaking to the team leading the objection|
|014||Speak to the school and come up with a prize theme and propose it at the next PC meeting.||KS||Closed||See item 6|
|015||Fitzwalter Meadow Objection – Investigate and see if this can be resolved.||KS||Closed||Unable to resolve online so have resubmitted an objection on behalf of Goodnestone Parish Council|
- Thanks given to the Bruderhof for clearing the tree stump in Chillenden.
- Discussions ongoing with Heather on options for foothpaths
- Parish Council to work with community and Dover District Council on Cart Track and the local plan.
- 20mph Speed Reductions seems to be working through Chillenden
- Road markings are being chased up by Councillor Kevin Phillips
DECISION APPROVED – Parish Council to provide 5 years of funding at £20 per year for a book voucher for the Goodnestonian prize at a total cost of £100. School to administer. Vote unanimously passed.
|Seconded||Kevin Phillips||Printer Ink||22239899||£41.95|
|Councillor Karen Stanford||Councillor Nick Turner-Brown||Goodnestone School||Goodnestonian Prize||N/A|
|£100||Councillor Kevin Phillips||Councillor Lidia Long||Maria Hemsworth||Bulbs for Chillenden Village Hall
|FG933109||£37||Councillor Nick Turner-Brown||Councillor Kevin Phillips||BHIB Insurance Renewal|
|Council Insurance Policy||LCO00040||£710.51||Councillor Karen Stanford||Councillor Kevin Phillips|
Local plan discussed at public contribution time
COUNCILLORS REPORT ON OTHER PARISH MATTERS
Agreement to have the last Wednesday of the month every 2 months – Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sept, Oct, Nov. Exceptional meetings can be scheduled if needed. Recognition this may change post may when new Parish Council are elected.
PUBLIC CONTRIBUTION TIME
Discussion between members of the Parish and Dover District Councillor Trevor Bartlett on the Local Plan. A number of questions were raised which Councillor Trevor Bartlett would take away and get formal responses too and included:
- Planned area for development in Short Street was reduced due to Flood Risk – does that mean the number of houses proposed reduces as well?
- What rationale makes the area suitable for development?
- What come back to local residents have on council or developers if their houses flood as result of the proposed development?
- Dover District Council Settlement Review in 2018 said that Chillenden was not suitable as an area for development due to lack of facilities – what has changed since then?
- Residents were also encouraged to e-mail Councillor Trevor Bartlett directly with any planning concerns so he can represent our views. It may be too late for this initiative however going forward it would be helpful to get him involved earlier.
SUMMARY OF NEW ACTIONS
No new actions identified as part of this meeting
NEXT MEETING 25th JANUARY 2023 CHILLENDEN VILLAGE HALL 7.30PM