These minutes are draft and have not been approved by the Parish Council. They will be approved at the next meeting.
DRAFT MINUTES OF THE MEETING
5th OCTOBER 2022
Chairman Councillor Kevin Phillips (KP)
Councillor Karen Stanford (KS)
Councillor Nick Turner Brown (NTB)
7 Members of the Public
Parish Clerk – Councillor Karen Stanford – Christine Plummer in attendance as handover commences
APOLOGIESCouncillor Jon Aldington (JA)
Councillor Lidia Long (LL)
MINUTES OF THE MEETING 27TH July 2022
Minutes for this meeting were approved and duly signed
DISTRICT COUNCILLOR REPORT
Nothing to Report
- EE269A/C467/C39 – Information has been circulated across the community and people have been encouraged to formally object. PC to formally reject against these plans on the grounds of safety. (Action 001)
- Old Cart Track update – The Old Cart Track has disappeared on the local plan so work underway to make sure its reinstated.
- Municipal Planters – Proposed planters shared with Councillors. Volunteer required to look after Chillenden and Goodnestone. Vote to proceed cast – Resolved. NTB and KP to measure up and propose costings to the PC at the next meeting. (Action 002)
- Information Board – Proofs reviewed by the PC, feedback given. KP to follow up with designers and agreement at the meeting the designs can be approved outside of the PC (Action 003)
- Speed reductions – 20mph limit signs are in place in Goodnestone, Chillenden will be complete on 20th October 2022.
THINK MAP UPDATEFindings from the session in July have been documented and will be posted on the website. PC has agreed to start work on a couple of key areas initially:
- Improved Communication – Create a Parish Newsletter – NTB and KS to create Issue 1 (Action 004). Looking for local businesses to sponsor to cover the cost of printing and would like to get all areas of the community contributing.
- Summer Fayre – The community have identified the need for a big local village event and we have a number of people who used to be involved. Recognise this could help alleviate some of the funding issues for the local community groups significantly. KS and CP to find volunteers for an organising committee (Action 005)
|Smith of Derby||Church Clock||0000124327||468||£322.80||NTB||KP|
- FitzWalters Meadow 22/01225 – Fitzwalter Meadows have got a planning consultant to formalise their objections. PC to formally support residents planning objections and PC Clerk to formally object (Action 006)
CP received communication from a local resident about the school parking issues at peak times. CP has escalated with the School and KS raised at School Governors meeting on 03/10/2022. KS to liaise with Head Teacher Vicky Solly on including Road Safety in the Health and Safety Policy as well as formalising a School Travel Plan. (Action 007)
In addition CP to follow up on parking options within the village including ownership of the land by Manicom Close (Action 008)
COUNCILLORS REPORT ON OTHER PARISH MATTERS
Nothing to Report
PUBLIC CONTRIBUTION TIME
Save our Footpath Petition – Polly would like to thank everyone across the Parish for their overwhelming support in the Save Our Footpath campaign as the total currently stands at 531 signatures. KS reiterated it is amazing what can be achieved when the whole community come together.
Clock Servicing – Request from the church for someone to be present next time it is serviced to understand the process. Details passed on to Roddy Baker.
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS
|002||Planter sizing, position and costings||NTB/KP|
|003||Information board design approval||KP|
|004||Issue 1 Parish Newsletter||NTB/KS|
|005||Summer Fayre Organising Committee||KS/CP|
|006||Fitzwalter Meadow formal objection||KS/CP|
|008||Investigation into Manicom Close Land for parking||CP|
NEXT MEETING 9th NOVEMBER 2022 CHILLENDEN VILLAGE HALL 7.30 pm