MINUTES OF THE MEETING
27th JULY 2022
COUNCILLORS CHAIRMAN KEVIN PHILLIPS, ALDINGTON, STANFORD, LONG,TURNER BROWN
DISTRICT COUNCILLOR TREVOR BARTLETT
Clerk Christine Plummer
MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC Matt Maendell Sue Baker
MINUTES OF THE MEETING 22nd JUNE 2022
Minutes for this meeting were approved and duly signed
DISTRICT COUNCILLOR REPORT
Councillor Trevor Bartlett Leader of Dover District Council reported on the following topics.
- Government Levelling Up Fund Scheme dedicated to regeneration projects across the UK. Dover District Council plans to support various projects. Details available on the web site.
- Head of Planning appointment of new officer.
- Shared prosperity Scheme. Post Aid Recovery from COVID.
- Market Square refurbishment due to be opened 20th August 2022.
- Dover District Council staff vacancies.
- Inland Border Facility HMRC requirements
- Tides Leisure Centre Development under consultation
The Clerk will continue to support the Parish Council until a new Clerk is in place. Councillor Stanford agreed to take on administration duties as required.
Following the community Think Map session various footpaths matters discussed.
Councillor Long reported on communication with Kent County Council Footpaths Officer.
Councillors discussed production of leaflets, web site advertising, updating information for visitors and tourists.
Chairman thanked Matt Maendell from Beech Grove for maintenance of Short Street footpath.
Councillor Long agreed to continue investigations into EE269A and EE28
Councillors discussed Municipal Planters and agreed to investigate proposals to place in Chillenden and Goodnestone.
No progress on the 20 mph speed reduction scheme.
Clerk reported the machine is working and available at The FitzWalter Arms.
EE190 UPGRADE TO BRIDLEWAY
Councillors agreed to respond accordingly and support the concerns raised by residents.
Councillor Aldington to action.
THINK MAP UPDATE
Councillor Stanford reported on a positive meeting held in Goodnestone. The members of the village showed a real desire to be involved with community issues and events. Councillor Stanford agreed to produce a presentation summary and report back to the Parish Council.
PAYMENTS FOR APPROVAL
- Roger Austin Mowing £168 cheque 463 proposed Councillor Phillips Seconded Councillor Stanford
- Caduceus Training £68 cheque 464 proposed Councillor Aldington Seconded Councillor Phillips
- Dover District Council election costs (incurred due to request for election of Councillor ) £93.01 cheque no 465 Proposed Councillor Phillips seconded Councillor Turner Brown
- Imperative Training £198.60 cheque 466 proposed Councillor Aldington Seconded Councillor Long
Councillors discussed the process to adopt a two signatory system as recommended by the National Westminster Bank. Councillor Aldington expressed concerns with the procedure.
Councillors agreed to vote for one of the following options
- Retain cheque system
- Change Banks
- Agree to a two signatory system. Responsible Financial Officer to set up payment and authorised Councillor signatory sign off.
A vote by show of hands agreed for option iii to be adopted.
4 In favour Councillors Phillips, Long, Stanford, Turner Brown
1 against Councillor Aldington
RESOLVED The online banking arrangement as recommended by the Bank should be adopted and financial regulations amended accordingly.
Councillors agreed that Councillor Stanford will take on the interim role of Responsible Financial Officer. Councillor Long to be added as third signatory.
Planning Application 22/00876 Ashcroft House Chillenden
COUNCILLOR REPORTS ON PARISH MATTERS
PUBLIC CONTRIBUTION TIME
NEXT MEETING 21st SEPTEMBER 2022 GOODNESTONE VILLAGE HALL 7.30 pm