MINUTES OF THE MEETING
24th November 2021
COUNCILLORS CHAIRMAN PHILLIPS, ALDINGTON, HAWKSWORTH
District Councillor Trevor Bartlett
Clerk Christine Plummer
Members of the public Marion Hampson-Ghani, Ray Holyer
Councillor Turner Brown
MINUTES OF THE MEETING 27th October 2021
Minutes of this meeting were approved.
DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT
Councillor Bartlett briefed the Council on the following
- Refuse Collection letter to be distributed to all residents in District with information on the new collection days.
- Dover District Council not successful in bid for funding from Levelling Up Fund
- Dover District area voted 4th in Lonely Planet Guide
- Border Control reports
- Lois Jarrett from Planning Local Plan Service retiring
- Small Business Saturday event 23/12 to 228/12 1/1 to 3/1
- Whitfield Expansion Plan
- Community Grants awarded
The Chairman requested an update from Councillor Bartlett on the land clearance of land behind Chillenden Village Hall and thanked Councillor Bartlett for report and attendance.
CO OPTION COUNCILLOR
Councillors agreed to the co option of Karen Stanford to the Parish Council
- Councillor Aldington agreed to investigate the footpath at Tickenhurst
- PARISH INFORMATION BOARDS
Councillor Phillips and Clerk agreed to confer on the design and submit to Contractor. Councillors discussed the donation of a bench from Beech Grove and a tree to be placed at location of the new board in Chillenden.
SPEED CONTROLS GOODNESTONE AND CHILLENDEN
Programme of works to be requested from Kent County Council Highways Officer Louise Winch
The Speed Indicator Sign in the Parish is working and will be relocated to Claypits location.
GOODNESTONE WEB SITE COMPLIANCE
Clerk reported on the ongoing preparation of documents to include Accessibility Statement.
Clerk reported that the cabinets for both units are faulty and need to be changed. Following discussion on the responsibility of the maintenance of the equipment it was agreed that the Parish Council will maintain the units and the purchase of new cabinets should proceed as soon as possible.
ACTION: Councillor Phillips agreed to liaise with Contractor.
Clerk to arrange extra ordinary Parish Council Meeting to approve payments.
PAYMENTS FOR APPROVAL
- Insurance payment BHIB £703.19 cheque no 439 PROPOSED Councillor Hawksworth SECONDED Councillor Phillips
- KCC Traffic Regulation Order £2500 Cheque no 438 PROPOSED Councillor Phillips SECONDED Councillor Hawksworth
Clerk reported on letter from resident concerning over hanging trees. Cllr Phillips and Clerk agreed to meet resident.
COUNCILLOR REPORTS ON PARISH MATTERS
Ongoing problem reported on land on pathway leading to Fairfield Goodnestone. Councillors agreed to consult with Lord FitzWalter.
ACTION: CLERK TO WRITE TO LORD FITZWALTER
PUBLIC CONTRIBUTION TIMEThe Chairman asked for any items from the public. Marian Hampson Ghani raised the question of a dog bin in Chillenden.
THERE BEING NO FURTHER BUSINESS THE MEETING CLOSED AT 20.40
NEXT MEETING 8TH DECEMBER EXTRA ORDINARY GODDNESTONE VILLAGE HALL