MINUTES OF THE MEETING
12th DECEMBER 2018
COUNCILLORS PLUMPTRE (DEPUTY CHAIRMAN), ALDINGTON, HAWKSWORTH, HAYWARD
DISTRICT AND COUNTY COUNCILLOR SUE CHANDLER
Clerk Christine Plummer Matt Mendel
Apologies received from Chairman Councillor Phillips
PUBLIC CONTRIBUTION TIME
The Chairman welcomed Matt Mendell from Beech Grove to the meeting
MINUTES OF THE MEETING 26th September 2018
Minutes agreed and signed by the Deputy Chairman
MATTERS ARISING NOT COVERED ELSEWHERE ON THE AGENDA
No matters to discuss
DISTRICT COUNCILLORS INVITED TO REPORT ON DOVER DISTRICT COUNCIL
District Councillor Sue Chandler provided an update on activities in the County and District
1. Kent County Council Currently reviewing practices for applications for 20 mph schemes. Committee advised to be aware of this review due to the current agenda item for Goodnestone Village Speed Limit. Funding may be available from the Members Grant Scheme to support initial survey work that is required as part of the process.
2. Kent County Council review of Libraries is underway and a consultation paper is available at any library. The opening hours across the County to be rationalised and allocated hours of operation will be on a tiered system
3. Kent County Council Highways and Trading Standards to meet on 29/1/2019 to discuss Brexit and emergency long term lorry parking.
4. Dover District Council Cabinet agreed one million pound funding for replacement of street lights to LED
5. Dover District Council 2019 Whitecliffs Destination Guide available online or at Tourist Information Centres
6. Dover District Council new Dover Leisure Centre to be opened in February 2019 on budget and on schedule. Centre to include Championship Pool with movable floor, gym, sports hall. Click/climb. Tides Leisure Centre in Deal will receive investment funding to bring up to standard.
7. Dover District Council Boundary Commission issued new maps with the revised boundaries.
8. Dover District Council St James Shopping Centre evidence of increased footfall to area. Dover High Street bid for regeneration funding from Coast and Community Funding. Heritage Lottery Grant to fund reconfiguration of Connaught Hall and Mayors Parlour entrance. Chairman thanked Councillor Chandler for her attendance and reports on County and District matters
Councillor Hayward reported on theft of a car in Chillenden.
Clerk made contact with PCSO Emma Carmichael and it is hoped she will attend a future meeting of the Parish Council
GOODNESTONE CE PRIMARY SCHOOL
Councillor Hawksworth to report to next meeting.
Committee discussed the ongoing safety issues and residents concerns about the sloping entrance to the school gate which is unsupervised. Children could be in danger from passing cars. Councillor Hawksworth agreed to discuss at next school governors meeting and report back to next PC meeting.
Clerk reported the donation of Hi Vis Jackets for all teachers and pupils from Director of Nu Steps Ltd.
Councillor Plumptre had no information to report.
The speed monitor located at Claypits for three weeks has shown average speed recorded 30 to 50 mph
GOODNESTONE SPEED LIMITS
Survey quotes have been received from relevant organisations. It was agreed Clerk should apply for funding for this initial stage from the Kent County Council Members Fund as advised by Councillor Chandler.
Councillors agreed to continue discussion on the 20 mph speed limit in The Street Goodnestone and await the report from Kent County Council on revision of current practices.
ACTION: PARISH CLERK
Councillors discussed the ongoing maintenance needs of the pond and surrounding area. It was agreed that any voluntary work to maintain the site is welcomed although Health and Safety issues require further discussion. A wildlife report will be circulated. A list of equipment onsite.
Lease to be reviewed and reported at next meeting.
ACTION: COUNCILLOR HAWKSWORTH
Clerk reported on a request from local resident Sue Baker to submit a report on the Millennium Field usage to the next meeting.
ACTION: CLERK TO INVITE SUE BAKER TO NEXT MEETING
Clerk reported that defective lamplights in Goodnestone had been reported to Kent County Council. Councillor Chandler agreed to investigate if response from Kent County Council not received.
Clerk reported no requests for further funding.
Payments for approval
The following items were approved for paymentsSophie Walker £ 450.25 cheque no 376
Proposed Councillor Hayward
Seconded Councillor Aldington
BHIB annual insurance renewal payment deferred ( Councillor Hawksworth to investigate premium )
No current information to report
The Clerk reported on complaints from local residents on dog fouling on footpaths. Clerk agreed to contact Dover District Council for more information and signs to raise awareness in the village.
COUNCILLORS REPORT ON PARISH MATTERS
Defibrillator training discussed. Clerk to confer with Councillor Hayward.There being no further items to discuss the meeting closed at 9.20 p.m.
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE HELD AT CHILLENDEN VILLAGE HALL ON WEDNESDAY 30TH AT 7.30 P.M.