Parish Help and Support
There is a Facebook page for Goodnestone and for those who use this form of social media it will be a great way to keep in contact, coordinate volunteers, hold virtual quiz games, share music and so much more. The page is only visible to Facebook members and can be found by searching for Goodnestone on Facebook. Please share the page as much as possible if you join. Chillenden have a Facebook page and WhatsApp group. Contact details for Chillenden are on the Chillenden website.
Alternatively, if you are aware of any person in need of supplies, prescriptions, a chat on the phone or any other help please contact the Parish Clerk at .
It is particularly important that we reach out to people who are not on the village email list or may not have Internet access.
Stay Alert > Control the Virus > Save Lives
Take care everyone.
Support is available via KCC through their 24 hour hotline on 03000 419292 or via the KCC website:
Dover District Council Community Hub hotline number is 01304 821199 9am-5pm 7 days a week. Help is available. They are also seeking volunteers. Their website has details:
Local Food Deliveries
The following local suppliers are offering home deliveries. Please check their websites for details as the situation can change almost daily:
- Wingham Country Market - at the time of writing they were taking orders with deliveries to Goodnestone and Chillenden on Fridays
- Worgans Butchers, Bishopsbourne
- Juliet's Farm Shop in Ash are taking telephone orders and will deliver to those who are vulnerable or self isolating
- The Goods Shed, Canterbury
- East Kent Foods
- Foodari are based in Molash (between Canterbury and Ashford) and will deliver to East Kent
- Milk & More deliver to the parish on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, although at the time of writing they had temporarily suspended the acceptance of new customers due to exceptional demand
For information concerning the Coronavirus and associated COVID-19 illness, please consult the following sites:
If you think you may have the symptoms, you should consult the NHS 111 service at:
For the latest advice and updates, including details of any restrictions, see details at the gov.uk website: